WARNING: 10.3.2 and Track Alternatives

dmuckala

Potential problem here with track alternatives disappearing in 10.3.2.  Working on a session currently and looked and randomly all my track alternatives are gone.  Luckily I could revert to a backup from about 40 minutes ago that still had them.  I dont know when or how this happened, and I don't have a Key Command assigned to 'delete unused track alternatives' either.  Anyway, after I reverted and started working again, all seemed ok but then it just happened again.  I don't know if this is just my system or not, but keep an eye out for this as it could potentially be very destructive if you have come to rely on track alternatives as much as I have. :(

Ok, I've discovered that its related to packing folders.  I will often pack several regions on a track to make them easier to move around as a block of data and then unpack them again.  Just did that and it erased all my track alternatives in the session.  This is a major major problem.  Don't try this without backup up your session because once they're gone there's no way to get them back with 'undo'!  

Also as a side, I am not talking about TAKE FOLDERS, or any kind of STACKS....talking about the old school 'pack folder' function from logic since early days.....