insane delay from keyboard... [SOLVED]

fisherking

this does NOT happen in my usual template, but...

working on a project in a 'virgin' logic file, all imported wavs. i just added a software track, opened the EXS... and sounds a delayed nearly a half-second. i quit & re-opened logic, tried another plugin... problem persists.

feel like i'm missing something obvious. anyone?

Edited by fisherking

on that track, there is only the EXS...   happens on 2 songs where the wav files were imported (after being exported from pro tools). when i open the basic audio template both these songs were compiled into, that template has no delay...

the files from protools are just wav files (44/24)... so??? am confused....

i opened my 'audio files only' template, created a software track, opened pianoteq. no delay. imported the same audio files (to new tracks), no delay. the only thing that seems different is... i'm adding a software track after my audiofiles are imported. but why would that cause profound latency? hmmmmmmm

no plugins on the stereo out. 

david, when i click "all", i see all my tracks (and their fx plugins), plus what i assume are general midi tracks? 

okay new test: i DELETED all fx plugins (i AM working on a copy of the file!), and... delay is gone. so... a plugin? a bunch? never has this happen before, but at least, i have some idea where to look)...

david, when i click "all", i see all my tracks (and their fx plugins), plus what i assume are general midi tracks? 

okay new test: i DELETED all fx plugins (i AM working on a copy of the file!), and... delay is gone. so... a plugin? a bunch? never has this happen before, but at least, i have some idea where to look)...

Delete 1/2 the plug-ins. See if the delay is gone. Keep doing that until the delay is gone. This dichotomy method will help you locate the culprit plug-in(s). 

turning them off fixes nothing. but as soon as i delete the entire first row of plugins... all is well (except, of course, i lose all my eqs, etc.

i'm gonna try to move everything down a row (but i'd lose some automation on some plugins). hey, it's just a test! still puzzled about why this happens (and in the other mixed song as well...)...

got it! the izotope breath plugin (on 2 tracks, but not turned on). am pretty sure this will turn into a 10.3.2/izotope issue (this sort of thing has happened with their plugins previously). either way, am back in business. 

thanx david, et al. without this forum i'd be on the streets, begging for logic help!

how did logic users manage in the 1940s? no internet..

Well, Logic 1.x, 1993, and we already had an online Logic users mailing list.

But no internet for learning Creator/Notator before that, we just had magazines, the manual and what you figured out yourself... :)

I think they had the option to buy an add-on plug-in that converted midi notes in the event list into telegram format.

Then if they could afford the propriety breakout cable (or best-in-class standalone converter), they could hook onto the phone line, press play and wait for a response.......

I think they had the option to buy an add-on plug-in that converted midi notes in the event list into telegram format.

Then if they could afford the propriety breakout cable (or best-in-class standalone converter), they could hook onto the phone line, press play and wait for a response.......

thankfully, we've moved forward from those dark days, and can, with the aid of our highspeed dialup modems, be online in less than a quarter of an hour (or, with my timewarner cable 9 years ago, get online in a speedy half hour.......).............