return of the logic plugin jump..? [SOLVED]

fisherking

i have had this problem intermittently, thru several OS's and logic versions, since... well, for a long time. and it's back (since updating to the final 10.13 OS... it wasn't there in the final 10.13 beta).

this only happens with logic plugins; i see it mostly with the gain plugin, and today with the test tone.

if i, for example, set the gain balance to -10 (ie slightly to the left), when i click away from that plugin, the value jumps ALL THE WAY to the left. happening today with the test tone as well (first picture is where i set the value, 2nd is where it jumped after i clicked out of the plugin).

it's annoying, frustrating... am not keeping track of where i set something, so when i lose that value, i have to find it again (ok, not terrifying, but definitely breaks up my workflow).

anyone else?

http://floydfisher.com/images/jump1.png  http://floydfisher.com/images/jump2.png

Edited by fisherking

i don't have any controllers set up. using a cme xkey.. should i check the Project Settings? have filters on everything EXCEPT aftertouch, pitch bend, control changes... should i stop chasing anything in particular? (within project settings>midi>chase?)

EDIT: odd that it comes & goes, thru various OSes, betas, etc..

odder still. it's fine in a test user account. so, the problem seems connected to my user account... altho, again, it's only occurred in some versions (including the betas), of the OS. am confused as hell....

Do you have any other apps or services running on your regular account that are somehow sending data to Logic Pro X?

Do you use some enhancement drivers for your mouse/trackpad?

odder still. it's fine in a test user account. so, the problem seems connected to my user account... altho, again, it's only occurred in some versions (including the betas), of the OS. am confused as hell....

Do you have any other apps or services running on your regular account that are somehow sending data to Logic Pro X?

Do you use some enhancement drivers for your mouse/trackpad?

nothing like that. hmmm... bettertouchtool? i could (& will) try disabling that. definitely a mystery, and... am usually good at solving these things. this one's a monster...

but this might be it: bettertouchtool. i've had it running for years, just for a few custom key setups (NOT, btw, in logic). i've gone back & forth a few times, and the problem SEEMS to be gone when BTT is disabled. if this is it, makes sense (since i've had it running thru several OSes, and several versions of LX).

will leave it off, see how things go. and if that's it, will let the developer know.

am marking this solved, the problem hasn't cropped up once since disabling BTT. yesterday it happened constantly...

so, this one will NOT be my waterloo! & eric, thanks for the suggestion.

meanwhile, does anyone else here use BTT??