Selections from markers like Pro Tools?

Antiphones

I spend my days jumping back and fourth between Logic and Pro Tools, because I get projects to mix in both formats.  For me, overall Logic is a much better DAW for mixing, for a whole host of reasons.  But there are a couple of things which Pro Tools has that I miss in Logic.  Being able to rename busses on a per project basis is on big one.  But the other is that in Pro Tools you can set up markers at the start and end point of your track and select everything between them when you're ready to bounce.  This makes recalling a bounce selection that includes reverb tails really quick.  Is there a way to use markers to make a selection in Logic?  Or some other way to recall a timeline selection for bouncing?

Thanks.

But the other is that in Pro Tools you can set up markers at the start and end point of your track and select everything between them when you're ready to bounce.  This makes recalling a bounce selection that includes reverb tails really quick.  Is there a way to use markers to make a selection in Logic?  Or some other way to recall a timeline selection for bouncing?

Thanks.

Sure.

Use the left and right locator and enable cycle.

You can create a marker that spans that area. Shift-clicking that marker will create a cycle area with the same in and out point.

Although Eric's idea didn't work for me in Logic 10.3.2 I have found a way which does work for anyone who's interested.

There is a key command (F4 by default) Set Locators by Marker and Enable Cycle.  So you set up a marker where the start is exactly where you want your bounce to start and the end is exactly where you bounce wants to stop.  Then select the marker and press F4.  

Works like a charm, you can remember your exact bounce points (including reverb and effects tails) just like bouncing in Pro Tools.  Only like with so many things in Logic you can achieve the same result with half as many clicks as it takes in Pro Tools. : )

I realise you can choose to Include Audio Tail when you bounce and this should I guess include any decaying delays or reverbs, though I've never tested it.  However in the typical kind of large productions I get to mix, there can be so many stray parts scattered around that it's easy to either include something you don't want  or miss something you do want near the end of the song when you bounce, if you have to recreate a selection or locator based bounce every time.  Using a marker you can set it up once and you know it will always be correct.

Thanks.  I think the marker solution will work best for me as I often have mix projects that include many songs recorded sequentially in the same session.  So there are lots of regions before and after the bounce which select all would include.  But the various marker solutions are perfect.  Thanks.

"There is a key command (F4 by default) Set Locators by Marker and Enable Cycle."

I don't think any of the key command defaults use Function keys. Mine is Control Option C, but I don't know if that's a default either. No matter the assignment, it's an extremely useful command.