Overdubbing background vocals

Danythedog

Hi, I'm trying to record background vocals and I know I can simply create let's say a new audio track 1 which will be the main melody, audio track 2 will be third voice and audio track 3 will be fifth.

As I am using lots of plugin on each track which take lots of processor resources, I was wondering if it could be possible just like it is with instruments, to create a new audio track with the same previous settings than the main one without reloading all the effects. It works well with the instruments, (there is a shortcut and a fonction for this) but when I do so with an audio track and after recording the main melody, I am not able to listen to the third voice, though I can see it, only the melody is heard... Did I miss something ?

Thanks for your help

Dan

If you want individual tracks, you'll have to eat CPU resources for the plug-ins on each track. This is typically not an issue for vocal processing, and I personally process vocals individually on each vocal channel. 

If you really want to save CPU you could have your different vocal tracks inside a summing stack and place the processing plug-ins on the main track of the stack. 

Archived