Full Screen Mixer

AndyS

I'm sure this must have been asked somewhere, but I can't seem to find reference to it here.

I'm one of those pedants that likes to work with dual monitors. Unless I'm missing something blindingly obvious, there appears to be no way to apply full-screen mode to the mixer on OS X. The fact that this is possible on the Arrange page and not on the mixer is a little confusing to say the least.  Especially given that Apple is responsible for both products, and has implemented full-screen on all other native applications. There is nothing more annoying than being able to swipe between applications on the Arrange monitor, but not on the Mixer monitor. OK, getting bank statements is also annoying... and dropping the toast butter-side down. But you get the point.

Tell me I've missed something really obvious.

Tell me the moon isn't really made of Cheese.

Tell me Meryl Streep actually can sing.

But don't tell me a Logic Full Screen Mixer is impossible. :?

Never tried to open my mixer in full screen. Actually I very rarely use full screen mode for any app, the only exception at he moment is Fabfilter's EQ. PS: I work with 3 screens. 

So I don't know if that extra separate mixer window can be "full-screened" at all. Anyway I don't see a reason why, because that window has almost no frame, you won't gain much pixels compared to only max the window size. My Full HD screen shows everything from the channel strips, without me ever scrolling up or down in a maxed window. I use by default at minimum 13 plugin slots plus 6 aux sends (my user default channel strip). Even if I would activate all channel elements to be shown (e.g. I deactivated the EQ thumbnail), I don't hit the max window resolution, I have never have to scroll vertically. 

Out of curiosity, why do you want that? 

Never tried to open my mixer in full screen. Actually I very rarely use full screen mode for any app, the only exception at he moment is Fabfilter's EQ. PS: I work with 3 screens.

Not sure if you meant to help or brag. ,-)

Some people like to have full-screen capability across monitors to enable quick swiping when running other unrelated apps in the background or working on various projects at a time. I happen to be one of those. I have 32gb RAM, and 24hrs in a day. I like to use them. Yes, I know there are other methods, but swipe works 'for me' as the quickest and most comfortable of the current options. Not having full-screen introduces the occasional annoyance of clicking the desktop and deselecting Logic. I drag out the corners of the Mixer window to avoid this, but as soon as I change Screen Sets, I´m back to a reduced Mixer. A small, niggling side-effect, but it all builds up into one large PITA (Apple still needs to address this and other Screen-set bugs, but that's a separate issue). Three screens 'for me' would be an unconscionable use of real-estate, and an unnecessary drain on CPU given that my existing screens are already 5k resolution. Cheers, though!

You're correct, Logic's Mixer window currently isn't compatible with OSX's full screen mode. Perhaps building Smart

Thanks David!

As I feared. Perhaps moving Smart Controls to the Mixer window as opposed to having them open in the Arrange window would be an excuse for the powers-that-be to add full screen to the Mixer module GUI?

Thanks for the confirmation :-)

Archived