Logic's midi CC chasing behavior

rockmann413

I see. I replied to the other thread. 

That's the behaviour I experienced and expect: In general, Logic looks for those data (MIDI CC and automation) before playhead position, when you hit play/record. With 10.3.2 I cannot remember the last time, I hade to draw extra nodes, because it didn't work. 

Maybe important: I almost only use region automation, almost never track automation. But the regions containing those values, are split up within a track. Means I only place regions, where values change. On top, I use multiple arrangement tracks (for the same channel strip) and place per track only one type of automation (e.g. one for filter cutoff, one for resonance, one for volume, etc.) Logic is still able to chase all those values properly. 

Maybe Logic has still issues with chasing when using track automation? 

I see. I replied to the other thread. 

That's the behaviour I experienced and expect: In general, Logic looks for those data (MIDI CC and automation) before playhead position, when you hit play/record. With 10.3.2 I cannot remember the last time, I hade to draw extra nodes, because it didn't work. 

Maybe important: I almost only use region automation, almost never track automation. But the regions containing those values, are split up within a track. Means I only place regions, where values change. On top, I use multiple arrangement tracks (for the same channel strip) and place per track only one type of automation (e.g. one for filter cutoff, one for resonance, one for volume, etc.) Logic is still able to chase all those values properly. 

Maybe Logic has still issues with chasing when using track automation? 

I am not using track automation. I only use region CC. 

So you have to draw nodes in all regions because Logic can't chase to the CC before playhead? If there's a region you don't draw nodes, we don't know what's gonna happen

Archived