All of a sudden, a 14GB project file ???

jdpro

Hi,

I read some other post before starting this one, but no help. I have a project that is for mastering my album project. 8 tracks, 8 audio files, 3-4 plugins per track, 7 instances of volume automation, and that's it. 2.33GB of total audio files. I have no unused audio and after CleanUp the Project file is over 14GB. I have what I would call some pretty complex song projects with over 20 tracks, tons of plugins, 5-10 software instruments, and those project files are barely 20MB. Please advise.

As David suggested right click your file and check package contents. The first thing I would check it Media>Audio Files for duplicates.

I reported this issue to Apple and LPH 8 months ago see this thread https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129086&p

The workaround is to save the new project as a folder before you record or import audio.

The bug is still there in 10.3.2 would be very simple for Apple to fix, I guess it would help if more people reported it.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Launch Logic
  2. File>New
  3. Create Audio track
  4. Record Audio
  5. File>Save
  6. Select Organise my Project as a: Folder
  7. Save Project
  8. Go to finder audio file is in the folder structure and in the .logicx package

Thanks guys,

I do always save as folder not package, so that's not an issue. And I did discover the problem thanks to you. It was the "Alternatives / Undo Data.nosync" folder. Still not sure why this is the only project of many that had this problem. Anyway, after getting rid of unnecessary files, I'm back to normal 5-10MB project files for 2 of 3 project files in question. After attempting the same fix on the 3rd, I still show 13GB. When I show package contents and get info on all the contents, nothing in there adds up to even a MB. Even tried empty trash and restart and it still shows 13GB. Very strange.

IMG_20171007_111931706_HDR.thumb.jpg.e9087914f6e7227aebf12d7e81a33a01.jpg

IMG_20171007_111858999.thumb.jpg.d838eab09c967469df90a242b0fd3807.jpg