Cannot figure out flex pitch

edurbrow

I get that sometimes Logic cannot parse a waveform and glitches occur. I am trying to make a mix and as I go through the lead vocal by itself, I keep finding glitches, so I've created another track with the same plugins and am trying to fly in the parts where there are glitches on that track without any flex processing. This involves automating a volume drop on the original flex-pitched track and putting up the volume on the new track. However when I play back, sometimes glitches are there and sometimes they aren't, - in the very same spot. My CPU and HD meters are showing no strain. I should mention that I checked the audio file in the Finder and there are no glitches in the recording.

I tried to attach a movie, I tried to show the glitch was different sometimes, but it was grayed out when I tried to upload it. 6.7 MB too big?

BTW, there is no pitch segment where this glitch occurs. 

What is going on? How can I fix this? What do you all do? Do you even experience this? It is very discouraging.

I'm on 10.2.2 on OS 10.9.5 on a 2008 MacPro.

I wonder if the fact that I copied the channel settings automatically puts the added track into Flex mode. Just now when I turned on the View Flex at the top of the Main Window, the new track showed Flex too. How can I make a track with the exact same settings but NOT have Flex so that I can salvage this vocal track? When I created the track, I did not choose New Track With Duplicate Settings.

Success! I turned off Flex for that track and somehow was able to leave it on for the original and it plays with no glitches. What I cannot understand though, is that despite having exactly the same channel settings, I had to lower the automation more than 14 dB on the new track to get it to match levels.