No sound from some software instruments

BobW

Hello - I'm wondering if anyone can help with an issue I'm having, primarily in the Songwriter template.  After the drummer channel is loaded (which plays) the next strip is a guitar called "natural strum" from the library. Further down an acoustic piano is loaded - and that instrument plays fine. So it seems that a bunch fo these instruments are not actually loaded - there's a bunch of them in this section of library: Drums and Percussion, Voice, Performance Patches, Studio Instruments, Acoustic Guitar etc.  None of them play when I select them. No mutes, no solos selected. Is there a hidden button somewhere that I've not encountered? Are these instruments that need to be purchased separately? This is is happening on two computers. MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13 and an older iMac running Yosemite. I use Logic frequently and all other instruments I normally use work correctly - seems to just be these.  Thanks. Bob

Well, that's embarrassing! I thought "Oh, cool! The've developed a bunch of new strumming software instruments!" So, they're basically preset effects etc for real instruments?

Thanks for your help. 

Archived