Saving without unwanted audio files?

JCcares

Just a simple question.I did not realize until now that even when I delete unwanted tracks & save the Logic project,the audio files of the deleted tracks still remain on the right panel. Is there anyway I can save just the tracks & the audio files on the tracks instead of saved all audio files? I am trying to reduce the size of the project.

Reading about the Consolidate should shed some light...

Well, backups are backups.

You don't absolutely need them. But it is highly advisable to keep some as safety purpose.

Also, every time you issue a (project) Save command, the previously saved version (of that project) is kept as a (previous version) backup. You could then return to a previous version if something happen to go wrong (or for some other reason..).

You could set the amount of backups up to a hundred in the Project Handling prefs.

Reading about the Consolidate should shed some light...

Well, backups are backups.

You don't absolutely need them. But it is highly advisable to keep some as safety purpose.

Also, every time you issue a (project) Save command, the previously saved version (of that project) is kept as a (previous version) backup. You could then return to a previous version if something happen to go wrong (or for some other reason..).

You could set the amount of backups up to a hundred in the Project Handling prefs.

Thanks for the response.Good to know about the previous saved version.Never knew this! I always save my projects on different locations.Does the auto backup save the project on a different location.I don't understand why it would save it in the same location (if it does).When the project crashes then there would go the backups too.I may be wrong though but just my thoughts.

Those backups are saved at the same location, either inside the project package or inside the project folder, depending of the format you chose to save your project.

A project (package or folder) consists of the project file itself and its other ad hoc conponents files used by that project file (such as audio files, presets, sample files, etc). The project backups are actually project files (without its components). If the active project happens to crash, Logic will reboot and try to reload the last saved project file (the most recent backup). That type of backup covers for project crash risks. It does not cover the HD crash type of risk. Such risk should be covered by an appropriate harddisk backup system. Everyone should be using such, on a "religious" basis. Are you?