Strip silence

anthonyfranco

I would choose Edit > Join > Regions per Tracks.

This will crate a new audio file without healing it from the original audio file.

What do you mean by "healing"?

I haven't tried this command, but I guess it goes thru all audio channels and joins to regions = merging = new audio files that include fades etc. Right?

What do you mean by "healing"?

If you take an audio region and only cut some parts, for example a vocal recording and you cut some of the noise in between the sung parts, then select all the regions and choose Edit > Join > Regions, the original audio region comes back, along with everything you had cut (all the noise between the sung parts). If you had added fades, then those fades will be lost when joining the regions. 

If on the other hand you do anything such that Logic cannot heal the original region back (for example copying one of the regions as I suggested in my first answer), then you'll get an alert 'Non-contiguous audio regions require the creation of a new audio file!' and if you click Create then Logic creates a new audio file (and a new audio region)d that contains all your edits: fades, cuts and all. 

Aaah I see... you get the original (kinda full length) region. But that's not "Join", right? Join results in a new audio file. 

Well unfortunately the behavior of Edit > Join > Regions depends on the edits you've performed, as I outlined in my previous post (we kinda crossposted). If Logic can, and even if you had applied fades, Logic will heal (and remove your fades). If on the other hand you've moved one of the regions, or copied it, etc... then Logic gives you an alert, and creates a new audio file. 

Archived