Alesis Q49 sustain pedal problem

sus4

I've tried 4 pedals on this controller and non of them are sustaining the way they are supposed to.  The problem is, the pedal is in reverse.  When I play a key, the note sustains without pressing the pedal.  When I press the pedal down the note cuts off....just the reverse.  The manual says to reverse the pedal, unplug the power source for a moment while the pedal is plugged in then reinsert the power source.  There is no AC plug, the power source is from the USB to my computer which is a Mac and software is Logic ProX.  So, this very simple thing is a real pain in the butt.

Does anyone know how to reverse the sustain pedal

Thanks.

The manual says to reverse the pedal, unplug the power source for a moment while the pedal is plugged in then reinsert the power source.  There is no AC plug, the power source is from the USB to my computer which is a Mac and software is Logic ProX. 

Unplug the USB cable and follow the same procedure.

Another thing that can work is to holding down the pedal when turning on the keyboard.

Found this at Alesis Community

For all those who have Problems to inverse the Sustain-Pedal pluged on the Sustain-Pedal Insert. 

Press: 

- Advanced 

- Press the Pedal ("SU" on Display) 

- DATA 2 ("MIN" on Display) 

- "0" ond the Keyboard (The highest "D") 

- Enter (Last Key) 

- DATA 3 ("MAX" on Display) 

- 127 on the Keyboard 

- Enter 

- Store ( 2th last "C" on Keyboard) 

- "0" 

- Enter 

Now the QX 49 should saved the Preset for default. 

• 2 years later...
This issue is UNRESOLVED. I have a FZone SP-2 pedal that has a polarity switch. However, since I plugged it in ONCE, I can't get the regular behavior of note held down = sustain, note released = release to work. It's inverted. Holding down a note releases it quickly. Plucking a note sustains it indefinitely. Pedal polarity will not change this behavior. Unplugging and plugging back in in all combinations does not seem to help. using Midipipe to reverse polarity also doesn't work. WTF

This issue is UNRESOLVED. I have a FZone SP-2 pedal that has a polarity switch. However, since I plugged it in ONCE, I can't get the regular behavior of note held down = sustain, note released = release to work. It's inverted. Holding down a note releases it quickly. Plucking a note sustains it indefinitely. Pedal polarity will not change this behavior. Unplugging and plugging back in in all combinations does not seem to help. using Midipipe to reverse polarity also doesn't work. WTF

Is that with any sound? Holding down a note should always sustain it irrespective of a pedal (IF the sound is a sustaining sound, and not a short non-sustain sound, such as a pizzicato sound). To me this "sounds" like it the parameters of the sound do this.

What happens if you turn off the keyboard controller and then turn it on with the sustain pedal engaged (hold down until midi keyboard boots up)? With many controllers this reverses the behavior of the sustain pedal. Others have a setting in parameters to flip it.

THANK YOU Eriksimon, you helped me understand that, in some way, the FM8 patch I was working with got inverted in this way. Therefore this is not related to this issue in general, but definitely some programmers did not do their job when either making FM8 or Ableton or whatever. Thank you for allowing me to realize that, you rock!

Is that with any sound? Holding down a note should always sustain it irrespective of a pedal (IF the sound is a sustaining sound, and not a short non-sustain sound, such as a pizzicato sound). To me this "sounds" like it the parameters of the sound do this.