Test Oscillator and Channel EQ

Hey, 

Just for funsies, I was testing my hearing frequency range.  I ended up using the test oscillator sine and marked all my faders at -1.0 to ensure I didn't get any distortion.  I also threw a channel EQ flat with the analyzer enabled, on high resolution and the quickest DB drop for reporting.  

Anyway, I noticed the EQ has a tip and then grows at it goes down - first question.  Is this just a graphical display thing for the Channel EQ (meaning it's only meaning to convey the upper tip of the sine spike as the frequency coming through) or is that actually reporting that there are a multitude of frequencies that decrease in amplitude as you get away from the primary sine spike (meaning there's many frequencies being transmitted not just one)?  Does the EQ add any color whatsoever after it analyzes?

The reason I have this question:  I noticed I was still hearing things up at 20k which, although I'm elated if I can, is likely not the case for a 31 year old musician.  This would be the case if the test oscillator is only sending only one frequency (20k), rather than a cluster.  But I thought a Sine was only one frequency so correct me if I'm off base here. 

Are there any additional places that could introduce any coloration or distortion (Adding to the frequencies that are sent out) that I should be looking at.  The test oscillator seems like it has a limiter or something on it (or maybe I'm just not that used to that steady of a signal), but I don't see any added harmonics at the output strip EQ.  

Thoughts?

-zjk

Is this just a graphical display thing for the Channel EQ (meaning it's only meaning to convey the upper tip of the sine spike as the frequency coming through) or is that actually reporting that there are a multitude of frequencies that decrease in amplitude as you get away from the primary sine spike (meaning there's many frequencies being transmitted not just one)?  Does the EQ add any color whatsoever after it analyzes?

It's just a graphical artifact due to the resolution of the analyzer. And no, the EQ does not add any color whatsoever after analyzing the signal.