"The Mixer"

sus4

I'm having a problem with one fader in the mixer window.  I'm bringing the trombone up for a solo in the middle of the arrangement using the "Latch" mode and it's working fine, but when I go back to the very beginning of the arrangement the fader that the trombone is on jumps almost all the way up making it extremely loud which I don't want.  When I bring the fader down to the level I want, it won't stay down, it goes back up.  The only way I get it to stay down is by pressing the start button and very quickly I bring the fader down to the normal level.  Is there a way of keeping the trombone fader down and keeping it down before I press start?

Thanks.

I manually brought the automation down as David suggested and it worked, but now after I did that another problem occurred.  My first trumpet is playing a half tone sharp and it should be in unison with the 2nd trumpet.  Looking at the notes in the score window of the 1st and 2nd trumpet are correct, but when I play them in the main window the 1st trumpet is playing a wrong note.  Can you tell me what happened and how do I fix this?  I checked my mod and pitch wheels on my midi controller and they seem fine.  I just noticed that to the left of the numbers of the tracks there are narrow white vertical lines going down next to tracks 1 to 15 but not on tracks 16 to 21.  Never saw that before. What are they?

The vertical lines show you which tracks are being controlled by your control surface. 

Try playing the track that's wrong in pitch and move the pitch bend wheel up and back to its center position. What matters is not its current position, but that movement, in order to reset the pitch to normal. See if that helps. 

David, your suggestion worked.  I first tried moving the pitch wheel and then played the 1st. trumpet track and that did nothing, but when I did the same thing only with that track playing this time and then I moved the pitch wheel it reset the pitch.

Thanks so much.

Archived