RealGuitar 5 pattern/chord tracks

dhscompguy

Hello everyone!

I'm using the song editor in RealGuitar to build a chord progression, which is nice since it allows me to easily use legit guitar chord shapes without having to plug them in slowly by hand.

This works great as long as I'm using one instance of RealGuitar, but I would like to use two different instances and have both of them use the same chord data. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply!

I tried to post an image to clarify which view I was using, but the forum wouldn't let me.

I'm using the song view in RealGuitar to compose the progression. In an ideal workflow, I could take the chord data and send it to another instance of RealGuitar, preferably in such a way that the other instance could set its own pattern while retaining the chord changes.

I'd be open to exporting the chords and patterns to separate midi tracks and feeding them back into the two instances, but I have no idea how to do such a thing.

You can drag the song pattern to a midi track, and thus replicate with another instance:

Click Drag button at the left of Tempo combo box and drag all pattern track events directly to the first beat of your DAW’s MIDI track outputted to RealGuitar. Press Track button in the lower part of Song mode window to disable Song Pattern track, which will be greyed out.

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

The pattern gets dragged out, but not the chord data. I'm assuming this is what's happening. If I open RealGuitar and add a chord to the song view, I hear that portion of that pattern.

Do I need to do something else to get the chord data onto the midi track along with the strumming pattern?

Send question to musiclab.. They respond very quickly. I also use/love real guitar.. I can't remember is there a way to drag the midi chords of song from real guitar, like you can drag the midi strum/picking notes..

If not, duplicate the chords in Logic, create another track with same instrument, and put y our strum patterns.. This actually gives you more control.. And the project is more self contained in Logic itself.. Always best, if you want to revisit the song at a later date.

Archived