mono only coming through left channel

heyjudemw

Hello all, this is my first post so I apologize for any mistakes. I searched for an answer before posting but found nothing. 

Lately, when I record in mono on a new track, upon playback, the signal only comes out the left channel of the output. I then switch the track to stereo and the signal still only comes out of the left side. Then, I switch the track back to mono and the signal comes out of both sides of the output as it should. What's going on here? I have to go through this process for every new mono track I create.

BTW, I've verified that the new track is set to "mono", not "left".

Thanks!

Which version of Logic are you using?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.3.2)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Sierra 10.12.6)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface Pro)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Lately, when I record in mono on a new track, upon playback, the signal only comes out the left channel of the output. I then switch the track to stereo and the signal still only comes out of the left side. Then, I switch the track back to mono and the signal comes out of both sides of the output as it should. What's going on here? I have to go through this process for every new mono track I create.

Sounds like something could be broken in the preferences.

Try trashing the .pref file to see if it helps:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist

Archived