Editing populated drum regions snafu...

jeffloven

When editing the populated drummer regions i am running into what seems illogical behaviours. (this is not the piano roll view but utilizing the drummer editor view) For instance my 2 verses are not sounding the same so I want to simply repeat V1 in V2 ( am using the persussion set-simple acoustic style percussion)but when I cut/paste i get something different with an added fill...I've tried copying the settings but i get weirdness. Also, There's a verse that has a measure where i want nothing but when i cut that part out an annoying fill pops into the first measure of the verse.. Maybe I have to go to the midi version of this track once I get it close and then I can make the changes i want..?..

I want to simply repeat V1 in V2

The issue with copying settings in the Drummer editor is that the same settings can produce different results as there is an element of randomness in the way a Drummer region is generated. 

For your application, you could use aliases: Shift-Option-drag your V1 Drummer region to V2 to make an alias. Now the V2 region will always play exactly the same thing as the V1 region, and you can continue editing V1 in the Drummer editor if you feel like it. 

Drummer-alias.png.df6d69709f7581539351b48b4d1dfd78.png

• 1 month later...

Archived