empty/blank tracks after export

tdub82

I'm having a very weird issue that has never happened before and I'm wondering if it's a bug because it's happened on 3 different computers now. I'm using Logic Pro X (10.3.2). I went to export the audio files out for a mix and the next time I opened that session, those audio files were totally blank. I will attach a screenshot example. They are there, but there are no wave forms and I play it and they're totally empty. These were audio files, not midi. I'm working from two computers and it's also happened when I export the files from my laptop and drop them on the session file on the desktop at church. When I import them onto the desktop it's fine, then later I will open the session again on the desktop at church and they are blank. Has this happened with anyone else? Is it a bug? Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help. Much appreciated!

- Trey

254635082_ScreenShot2017-11-03at5_24_40PM.thumb.png.f20effd96f89d2d638fbe71e8717d8f0.png

no, I don't see them. I think on this particular song in the screen shot, the keys parts in question were originally recorded midi on another computer. Then I dropped in the .wav files on this computer to work from my laptop. Then the next time I opened it, they were just blank

no, I don't see them. I think on this particular song in the screen shot, the keys parts in question were originally recorded midi on another computer. Then I dropped in the .wav files on this computer to work from my laptop. Then the next time I opened it, they were just blank

How do you import the files? Do you just drag them in?

yes

Dragging them in does not necessarily copy them into the Logic project. In Logic there's only a reference of the file, but not an actual copy.

Your best bet is to add them from the Project File window.

F on the keyboard, then Control-F to choose the file.

Always make sure that the project is saved beforehand with the Include audio files option.

yes

Dragging them in does not necessarily copy them into the Logic project. In Logic there's only a reference of the file, but not an actual copy.

Your best bet is to add them from the Project File window.

F on the keyboard, then Control-F to choose the file.

Always make sure that the project is saved beforehand with the Include audio files option.

thanks a lot man. I'll comment on here if I have any other issues with it. I appreciate your time.