anyone actually GOT 7.1 ? ? ? ? [[NOW SHIPPING]]

pantomimeHorse

I haven't received mine yet... BUT... I needed to change the shipping address on my order and when I spoke to the Apple Canada rep, he told me that they would be shipping as soon as the 22nd of April. He was waiting for his copy as well.

Me neither! My guess is that they hold of the release until Tiger arrives, features will need it I suppose...

Agree, Vank. Welcome to Forum, btw !

But, if 10.3 was anything to go by, the first two or three subreleases of Tiger will be buggy as hell and I'm not putting my studio up for beta-testing just now :?

As with all OS X development, I think we must let it settle down until it's safe to go back in the water ....................

Cheers

I just received an email from apple saying...

Dear Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store. Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following item(s) as follows:

M9987ZM/A, LOGIC EXPRESS 7.1 UPGRADE KIT-ZML will now ship on or before 05/20/2005

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Nice.

I just ran home on my lunchbreak from work to install 7.1. It's a hell of a lot faster, that actually got me down on 7 and 7.01.. the slowness of navigation after even moderate consumation of the arrage window. Alas.. everything is there like promised in the update, but.. the 2 new hybrid synths? I can find no trace.. were they alluding to Scuplture and Ultrabeat? I was just excited for some new ones, not that the current synths in Logic aren't already wicked as hell.

Any info anyone?

thanks

Just got my upgrade disc. Unforetunately, my computer won't recognize it. Won't mount on my desktop and the finder doesn't show it. The drive works fine. Too late to contact apple.

Any suggestions? Anyone else with this difficulty? Maybe its just a bad disc.

Thanks,

Gord

Hello,

I ordered Logic Pro 7.1 on Monday and it arrived today (Wednesday). Apple told me that it would not ship for 2-3 weeks so I wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon.

I installed it tonight and am using a RME Digi 96/8 and everything seems great so far.

Cheers,

Norm

Just got my upgrade disc. Unforetunately, my computer won't recognize it. Won't mount on my desktop and the finder doesn't show it. The drive works fine. Too late to contact apple.

Any suggestions? Anyone else with this difficulty? Maybe its just a bad disc.

Sounds like it! Sorry to hear that.

What computer? Do you have a superdrive? Did you update your firmware with the latest update? Check this out:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/superdrivefirmwareupdate.html

How does your disc look when you look at the recorded side? Dirty, scratched? Can you see any holes in the metalic layer? If your disc really won't work (have you tried on another computer maybe?), then you can try to rub some grease.... ok this is going to sound a little weird but sometimes it works: some nose grease and sometimes that fills little tiny invisible holes... I have been able to get some CDs back like that. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

Otherwise yeah call Apple tomorrow and ask for a replacement.