Hey does anyone know the best setup as far as firewire, etc?

I need transparency and good drivers for my logic pro setup. I don't want latency and I need excellent pres for vocals. I've tried the Focusrite Sapphire and the Mackie Onyx but neither seemed that amazing to me. The Focusrite was great for the pre but really only 2 ins, and the drivers are poor. The Mackie's pres are not as good as they advertise. About the same as their mixers to my ears. I spent $700 on the Onyx and am willing to go $100 more or so (after I return the Onyx) for the ultimate setup. I am also thinking of buying a new mic and possibly a pre. I only have a rodes nt-1 now.

Can somebody recommend a great way the record vocals into a G5 with Logic?

Looking for the ultimate mic, pre, firewire, or firewire/pre. Thanks

RME fireface 800, multiple in/outs, very good mac driver support, totalmix software, best AD/DAs and best build in pres for the money you spend.

by far the KING of firewire interfaces at the given point of time :-)

you only will get better pres with some nice standalone ones, like the brick 500 bucks a piece / mono top notch, tube gear...

at this point keep in mind that the optimum performance is always a pre / mic combo, the RME firewire pres are certainly the best value for money in an all in one set, as i said if you need better, then you have to buy a seperate pre and foremost a mic which suits your taste, too

genearlly speaking a large diaphragm is good for vocs, rode, akg, neuman, are all worth to be checked out...