New Mellotron and ChromaVerb Plugins are missing

bluetonejazz

Hi all-

Loving the new update! But having an issue with the new Vintage Mellotron and ChromaVerb plugins. Even though they are listed as active in the Plugin Manager, they don't come up in their respective plugin pull-down menus. I've searched all the folders and they just aren't there. I'm assuming Vintage Mellotron should be with the other "Vintage" instruments, and that ChromaVerb should be with the other reverbs... Any ideas?

Things I've tried:

Since the Studio Horn/Strings didn't show up until I dl'ed all the content, I've gone ahead and dl'ed all the extra content that I can in the Sound Library Manager, but that didn't help.

As I said, I checked the Plugin Manager, but they are active there, so I would think they should be available to use, but they're not.

Restarted the computer

Selected all the plugins in the Plugin Manager, and click "Reset and Rescan"... Didn't have very high hopes for this one, since Logic doesn't really validate the native plugins as far as I can tell...

MacOS 10.13.3

Running Logic 10.4 on a 2014 Macbook Pro, MacOS 10.13.3

What happens if you chose a logic preset (From the left-side library bar) that uses one of the 'missing' plugins? Does it load ok?

If the plugins load ok then perhaps trashing preferences may work? I don't know where that list is managed for built-in plugins, but it could be a read/write issue when you installed 10.4.

Also try disabling and re-enabling the plugins on the plugin manager screen? But one suspects something else controls that list for built-in plugins.

What happens if you chose a logic preset (From the left-side library bar) that uses one of the 'missing' plugins? Does it load ok?

Strangely enough, I did have, and was able to load a few Mellotron patches from the library. When I do so, the Vintage Mellotron instrument appears at the top of the Instrument list as in the picture attached. It doesn't stick around though for other tracks...

If the plugins load ok then perhaps trashing preferences may work? I don't know where that list is managed for built-in plugins, but it could be a read/write issue when you installed 10.4.

I tried this already, I think. Might be worth trying again.

Also try disabling and re-enabling the plugins on the plugin manager screen? But one suspects something else controls that list for built-in plugins.

It doesn't seem like Logic will allow me to disable the built-in plugins. They check boxes are checked, but sort of greyed-out and un-clickable.

1080596010_ScreenShot2018-01-29at3_51_58PM.thumb.png.823fab505bb8f9c5a31c9a16b92f6a39.png

A little off topic, but Apple strongly feels that CleanMyMac3, shout NOT be used. I own and use it too.. I appreciate the fact that it finds all associated files, to uninstall.. Occasionally my mac pro, has 'issues'... When I go to apple tech support. They again warn me, about using CleanMyMac. I am not sure, if it is the culprit in specific situations. but it is something you should bear in mind.

• 1 year later...
Bumping this, if I may, because I've suddenly encountered the same issue except with different plugins (Amp Designer, Pedalboard, the entire Apple AU collection, among others). The workaround as advised by user: oscwilde above is, well, a workaround and as it makes the dropdown menu rather cluttered ideally I'd like to properly resolve this issue. I'm running OSX 10.14.6, LPX version 10.4.6. I do not and have never used any third-party cleanup, maintenance or optimisation apps. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bumping this, if I may, because I've suddenly encountered the same issue except with different plugins (Amp Designer, Pedalboard, the entire Apple AU collection, among others). The workaround as advised by user: oscwilde above is, well, a workaround and as it makes the dropdown menu rather cluttered ideally I'd like to properly resolve this issue. I'm running OSX 10.14.6, LPX version 10.4.6. I do not and have never used any third-party cleanup, maintenance or optimisation apps. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Could you share screenshots of the plug-ins both in the plug-in manager and where they're missing in the corresponding menu paths so we can compare? How to attach files to your post