Exporting Gapless Tracks

tjhewer

Hi there,

I've just been playing around with exporting gapless tracks in Logic, to some degree of success.

The strategy so far has been to take the master WAV prints, line them up, find a common zero crossing between the two, and place a marker at the point. Then, use the "Go to Next Marker and Set Locators" command to select the cycle region, then export. Using this method, the resulting AACs play back with no audible gaps on an iPhone.

All except one, which I am scratching my head at.

Using the same method, this one results in a small blip no matter what, though the waveforms and the marker are placed at a common point in both files which Logic identifies as a zero crossing. Attached is a 'before' screenshot, where you can see that the waveform is fairly constant, and 'after,' where the second waveform starts with what appears to be a fade in, which I cannot figure out where it's coming from.

Thanks for any insight.

Before:

Before.png?format=1500w

After:

?format=1000w

The strategy so far has been to take the master WAV prints, line them up, find a common zero crossing between the two, and place a marker at the point.

I would rethink that strategy. Best to:

1) Align everything as desired in the source project so it works musically.

2) File > Export > All Tracks as Audio Files.

3) Import in destination project and line all region starts at the same position.

Hi David; thanks for checking in.

Forgive me, I'm just a little unclear on what you mean. I am cutting from a file with the tracks already laid out in a way in which they musically overlap. I ran through your recommendation, and the result was longer wave files, with the region waveforms still in their original time position.

Thanks for your help.

David, I think I understand now!

• I have sequenced each track in a way in which they musically overlap.
  • I have done a master bounce of this file, so that all tracks exist in one big WAV.
  • I have used the same markers to simply cut this master waveform at each new track point, again using zero crossings.
  • I have exported each region as an audio file, rather than by using the master bounce, which seems to apply a fade in of a few milliseconds at the start.
  • The unbroken waveform is now preserved between the end of one track, and the start of the next.