Using external drives

scotcrandal

For maximum speed and long-term flexibility, is this the best setup?

On my MacBook Pro: Logic app

On external drive 1: All sounds

On external drive 2: Logic project files

If this is true, how do I transfer the sound library from my MacBook Pro to an external drive in a way that when I open existing Logic project files, Logic knows where to get the files?

Maximum speed and flexibility depends highly on your workflow, disk, RAM and CPU usage...

how do I transfer the sound library from my MacBook Pro to an external drive in a way that when I open existing Logic project files, Logic knows where to get the files?

https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

Maximum speed and flexibility depends highly on your workflow, disk, RAM and CPU usage...

how do I transfer the sound library from my MacBook Pro to an external drive in a way that when I open existing Logic project files, Logic knows where to get the files?

https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

Sir that is all well and good, but /Library/Application Support/Logic does not exist for me. Has the location of the Logic folder moved since the creation of the tutorial? Thank you for your help!

Thank you for that link.

I wish Logic had a simple way to deal with this. How about a menu item: "Manage Storage of Additional Content" and then it guides you through changing the location of the content.

You're welcome and yes, I agree that a way to manage the content's location upon installing AND after the fact would be killer additions.