Autosave, again...

ct1

Hello

Mac Pro 6 core. Logic 10.3 (2017)

Sorry for bringing up again a more than hackneyed topic. Here is the situation : I'm new to Logic and must have closed a session without saving it. Unawares. That is, on the next day, I was left with the one but last manually saved version. I then expected to be able to recover autosaved versions (as is the case in Pro Tools) but could not. The "show content" view etc. revealed empty folders. So I take it that when you forget to manually save your work, you lose as well all the autosaved files since the last manually saved version. Is that it ? and if so, what a poor feature since I do not see what use these Autosaves are of. By the way, I can not see any autosaves files appear in File > Revert list, only the manual backups. Is this normal ?

Thank you very much for your help.

And which version of Logic Pro X including subversion do you use?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.3.2)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Sierra 10.12.6)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface Pro)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

additionally - regardless of whether you save it and exit or exit without saving - as you long as you close the project in a normal manner ( in anyway except for a crash or hang) - the the autosave alternative gets removed. And yes in the later versions a backup is only created when you press save...and only as many as you have defined in the Preferences-General->Autosave Backup dropdown box...

OK. I'm afraid my question remains slightly unanswered. Since I don't see any autosave listed in File > revert (only manual bckps), since none appears either with triplets's procedure, I wonder if and where I can access them...