Editing limitations in Drummer?

rycwdstn
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

Hi all -

I have run into some frustrating limitations when trying to edit the regions created by Drummer. I don't know if I am missing something, or whether these are results of how the program was written.

When I attempt to split the 8 bar region generated by Drummer so that I may use only the first 4 bars, Drummer automatically replaces the first four bars with the material from the last four bars. I am looking to work only with the simple pattern, not with the fill. The same thing happens if I attempt to isolate those first 4 bars by dragging the end of the region forward to "shrink" it; as I approach the desired length, the material in the region is automatically transformed to that which was in the last 4 bars before I dragged. In essence, I can't avoid the fill. I know I can drag regions from Drummer to a MIDI track, load the drums I was using in Drummer, and edit that way, but I was wondering if I could work directly with the Drummer regions. Also, is there a way to avoid the crash that Drummer automatically places at the down beat of each new region?

Thanks much.

• Solution
...I know I can drag regions from Drummer to a MIDI track, load the drums I was using in Drummer, and edit that way, but I was wondering if I could work directly with the Drummer regions...

You can control-click the drummer regions, convert them to midi and do your edits directly on the Drummer track.