Throwback... Wednesday

3ple

sure, but we're all looking at this on an LCD screen; on a picture-tube screen, that image is sharp, colorful, with exceptional clarity, and actually gives us... a far more advanced logic, capable of making better music, with more bits, and more sound....

The point was just to make us remember that back in the day everything was kinda cluttered and “dull”. The font was horrible, etc. it’s just funny how things start and how they evolve.

Not “bitching” about it or anything. It was supposed to be just a funny post ;)

Hey - I spent a *lot* of time like that!

The window redraws on the Atari ST were pretty sluggish, too!

I never used Logic before version 8, but I remember using a pretty sh***y computer to make music on a program that looked like this but waaaaaay simpler so I get you. It makes us appreciate what we have now :)

FWIW it' worth, I flippin' *loved* my Atari ST back in the day... I also used Creator/Notator for some years before moving to (Notator) Logic 1.x...

And don't diss the Atari font! ;)

haha well, all old stuff has a special vibe and emotion attached to it, of course. today it would just look horrible, though :P

sure, but we're all looking at this on an LCD screen; on a picture-tube screen, that image is sharp, colorful, with exceptional clarity, and actually gives us... a far more advanced logic, capable of making better music, with more bits, and more sound....

The point was just to make us remember that back in the day everything was kinda cluttered and “dull”. The font was horrible, etc. it’s just funny how things start and how they evolve.

Not “bitching” about it or anything. It was supposed to be just a funny post ;)

of course; i was also being funny (or trying to be)... :mrgreen:

Yeah. My very first computer was an Atari and the first program I learned was Notator. Those were the days you could call up a representative of C-lab (I think that was the company's name) and endlessly pick their brains which I did a lot. I believe there was a way to be able to have Notator playback repeats when there was a repeat sign in the score window using a setup in the Environment. I'd like to have that feature again.

Karen