NEW LOGIC PETE's Pet Peeves

Pete

NEW LOGIC Pet Peeves

1. Monitoring Tracks - unexpected selection/deselection esp during recording this is total PITA. What am I doing wrong? Is there a preference I have to fix?

2. “Can’t Find Missing Instruments” — as discussed in recent thread - have been ignoring this one as long as I can remember.m Is there another way?

3. Axiom Pro 49 Controller still excellent but new updates broke it so it will no longer behave in ‘Mixer’ MODE ~ WHY? Plannned Obsolecence?

----

OK full disclosure I totally LOVE Logic - all of the versions - but as per forum decorum and general human behaviour decided to post a few things bugging me lately in hopes that it is just user error on my part and one of you fine folks will have a solution ~ by far #1 drives me crazy the most - How about you?

Edited by Pete

I can't believe this one was so obvious D'oh!~ also that behaviour was not just 10.4 ~ it has been bugging me for awhile. Too bad there isn't something that simple to solve this Logic X-related AXIOM PRO issue…

Aside from the MIXER controls on it ~ I'm wondering if anybody know whether its possible to split controller keyboard zones and assign them to DIFFERENT PORTS as opposed to just MIDI channels?

I'm wondering if anybody know whether its possible to split controller keyboard zones and assign them to DIFFERENT PORTS as opposed to just MIDI channels?

On the Axiom Pro

Enter Edit Mode, select the Zone you want to edit, then press soft-key 4 (Data).

Choose the MIDI Port menu item...and set it as desired. By default it is set to "All".

You can choose: O, A, A&O, B, B&O, A&B, All, Off

• A = USB A

• B = USB B

• O = MIDI Out (External MIDI port)

• All = Data is transmitted on all ports

• Off = No data is sent

Each of the four zones can be individually configured.