Create a macro to automatically clear track name after duplicating a track?

TimeForMusic

I see... so it would only be possible with third party software?

Yes, Logic doesn't have macros...

Darn... so I guess the only way to achieve what I want is to manually remove the name of each track before or after I duplicate?

I wish there was some way to make it work, so I easily know what track I'm duplicating without just seeing a ton of default "inst 1, inst 2, inst 3" in my template.

• 10 months later...
Could you walk me through how to link it up with Logic to achieve this?

Sure:

BTT.thumb.png.1393ec84590f858062c8929a5ce23f8a.png

Your shortcuts will probably vary from the ones I'm using but the concept is the same. To make a Macro in BTT all you need to do is hit the button on the bottom that says Attach Additional Action in order to "chain" these key commands sequentially.

The shortcut circled in Red is the main key command that will set off the 4 key command sequence macro that Volovicg mentioned initially. Hopefully my screenshot gives you a clearer picture.

Could you walk me through how to link it up with Logic to achieve this?

Sure:

BTT.png

Your shortcuts will probably vary from the ones I'm using but the concept is the same. To make a Macro in BTT all you need to do is hit the button on the bottom that says Attach Additional Action in order to "chain" these key commands sequentially.

The shortcut circled in Red is the main key command that will set off the 4 key command sequence macro that Volovicg mentioned initially. Hopefully my screenshot gives you a clearer picture.

A Logic bug: This does not seem to work on tracks that have Kontakt 5 loaded in them. When I run the macro on these tracks, they duplicate and show the "rename" box appear briefly—so the macro is running—but they just switch back to their original name.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Edited by TimeForMusic

A Logic bug: This does not seem to work on tracks that have Kontakt loaded in them.

Not a bug.

When I run the macro on these tracks, they duplicate and show the "rename" box appear briefly—so the macro is running—but they just switch back to their original name. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Go into File/Project Settings/Audio/Channel Strips and make sure that the "Automatic Naming of Channel Strips Objects" is unchecked.