Hard Panning & Stereo Width

I would not call anything that is not only on one speaker "hard panned".

It will all come down to how it sounds and how it was recorded.

A stereo recording of a guitar cabinet is many times not a true stereo representation of how a guitar sounds in a room. Instead different microphones, distance, cone position, and angle are used to create different timbres.

I would play around with stereo width settings until you find the stereo image that you need. And don't be afraid getting rid of one side of the source track to create a more defined space with a clean and clear centre.

Personally I like to reduce the stereo width, but really it depends on the genre, your goal etc. IMO reducing the stereo width produces a more natural result where it sounds more like the two guitarists were playing in the same room, so if that's what you're going for, then yes experiment with reduced stereo width and check with headphones (hard panning can sometimes sound ok on speakers but makes the instruments completely disconnected on headphones).

If on the other hand it's for example electronic music for example and you're going for disconnected elements and aren't really shooting for something that sounds natural in the first place, then you can hard pan.