Score Editor: Note Heads

Music Spirit

Experimenting with the Staff Styles option to include the names of Notes in the note head ( ie for teaching purposes) I have found that on the computer screen they look great but when you print them A 4 16 bars to a page, 4 bars to a line - quite generous space wise - the actual note names are barely readable and much to small.

Does anyone know of an option to increase the size of the note heads - independently of increasing the Staff Size ( which I have maxed out on already)?

Once more sorted - thank you Eric and Greg !!

PS Just experimenting with Note Attributes - it seems a pity that one cant:

i) Select all Note Heads and change the Size Attributes - why are they only operable Individually? Or have I misunderstood?

Surely if you wanted to indicate an unpitched Rhythmic Phrase or Comping Rhythm as part of a normal part - it would be essential to click Select a group of Note Heads and change them in one go?

ii) There doesnt seem to be a Key Command for Toggle Note Attributes - only one for Reset Note Attributes

) Select all Note Heads and change the Size Attributes - why are they only operable Individually? Or have I misunderstood?

Surely if you wanted to indicate an unpitched Rhythmic Phrase or Comping Rhythm as part of a normal part - it would be essential to click Select a group of Note Heads and change them in one go?

You can - no issue to select multiple noteheads and applying a different notehead to all in on operation.

you can even resize several notes (regardless of noteheads) by select multiple notes and using the resize tool. This tool provides a max and a min size for the notes.

If you want to go beyond that max or min - you can do so - but this is where you then need to apply the changes to single notes. It is not likely you will need to do this, in most cases the resize tool will result in the desired effect

There doesnt seem to be a Key Command for Toggle Note Attributes - only one for Reset Note Attributes

No there is not... Just double click on the note :)

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried using the resize tool?

Rezise Tool.gif

Hi Eric,

Is this function (to show note's names in the score) available in the Logic Pro X 10.3.2 or just in 10.4?

I tried to find it here (mine is 10.3.2) with no success.

I compose using MIDI and will be great to have easy way to extract the compositions in a more friendly score.

Is there any recommended tutorial/instructions related to format and generate MIDI scores? I found tutorials related to Score creation but not a good one that helps in that.

Thanks.