Score Editor - Clefs keep changing

mgoslett1

Hi Guys

I've had a quick search. I don't think there are any other threads on this topic. It's likely I'm doing something worthy of the special prize.

I have a small string composition comprised of violin, viola, cello and bass. When I use the score editor to change the respective clefs, it often, but not always changes all of them to the same clef. I need the violin in treble clef and the viola in alto etc, but they keep interfering with each other. I've tried the numerous different was to change the clef. I have also tried changing the clefs with the tracks independently selected. Ideally I want them all four parts on the same page, each with the correct clef. I've managed it once but now it's playing up.

Thanks

clefs are associated with staff styles and staff styles are associated with regions.... So if you have multiple regions using the same staff style - when you change a clef on one of them you will change it on all the others using that staff style....

Good rule of thumb... Use a different staff style for each instrument in your pieces.. this way each will be completely independent of the other - clefs included.