Lost in editing CC events.

angelonyc
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Logic 10.4.1 replaced the ability to see any CC events below the piano roll, you can only see velocity no .. Unless I'm missing something.. I used host automation, and the smart controls. I don't see a way to 'screen' them out of event list.

I only see host automation in the step editor, which seems a very unintuitive way to edit them.. Is there a way to get the velocity at the bottom left of the piano roll editor to show other CC events of host automation..

Or is there something I am missing.. Thanx.

Logic 10.4.1 replaced the ability to see any CC events below the piano roll, you can only see velocity no .. Unless I'm missing something..

You're definitely missing something, nothing has been changed but the name (from MIDI Draw to Region Automation) and the interface, but you can still access all your MIDI CC data at the bottom of your Piano Roll:

logic-004.png.dfc068803fd24413df111e254dbcf32e.png

• 1 month later...

Can in continue this topic? I've got MIDI data that i'd like to draw a velocity curve for. I'm in the piano roll editor and I've GOT the automation button enabled, and i cannot figure out how to change the Automation/MIDI Region value from "Volume" to something else. I'm trying to edit velocity on a bunch of notes and i would expect to be able to pull up "Note Velocity" rather than "Volume", see a bunch of values and be able to draw curves. I see nothing that will let me do that. Screen shot provided below.....

1262083469_UnknownVelocitylocation.thumb.png.68b501c6ce7ef29675ee54a733b1031a.png

Help! (and thanks for the "Help!")

Can in continue this topic? I've got MIDI data that i'd like to draw a velocity curve for. I'm in the piano roll editor and I've GOT the automation button enabled, and i cannot figure out how to change the Automation/MIDI Region value from "Volume" to something else. I'm trying to edit velocity on a bunch of notes and i would expect to be able to pull up "Note Velocity" rather than "Volume", see a bunch of values and be able to draw curves. I see nothing that will let me do that.

The pulldown in the screen shot you provided indicates you're viewing the Track Automation and not the Region Automation [see attachment]. Try clicking the blue button that says "Region" and toggle it back and forth from Track and back to Region and see if that fixes the problem.

Track.jpg.f23dc7cee0dba2c5df22e11a4b61bc75.jpg

Region.jpg.10142f43664de63d1c7206c0ec576d38.jpg

Just to complete this topic, today when i reopened my project from scratch, i WAS able to access different automation parameters for the region (and not the track). Don't know why it didn't work earlier, but shutting down for the night and trying a couple of days later seemed to get me there. (lol) I think LPX just got confused about which mode it was in.