Can Logic do this?

Music Spirit

Is it possible within Logic to use midi to display a Symbol instantly on the computer Screen?

ie Press a C and there is immediate meta display of a readable message/instruction ( pre written in a template - like Text Styles)

Release the key and the message disappears - press another key and another message appears instantly

No but depending on what the final goal is here - there are some options. In this case- instead of pressing a key, I am selecting a score set - each score set name is associated with the text which shows up. So in fact there is a way, but with the mouse as opposed to a key - if that works for you....

1116210534_dynamictextchanges.thumb.gif.f00a3cb6a3a2413e7d2b93e3a6f91e97.gif

No but depending on what the final goal is here - there are some options. In this case- instead of pressing a key, I am selecting a score set - each score set name is associated with the text which shows up. So in fact there is a way, but with the mouse as opposed to a key - if that works for you....

Way to go! - I like idea of screensets ... though your idea caused me to think of another way set up:

( The purpose of this whole exercise is to improve a students instant recognition of a single pitch, sound and note on staff - randomly generated. One way could be to do it with 12 Markers...

1 - Individual 1 bar Regions in Linear view with short text or musical note associated with a particular bar - Region just had one note ( pitch)

2 - Adjust the zoom etc so that the bar showed the text magnified on the screen

3 - Set up separate single stroke Key Commands for 'Go to Marker No 1, 2, 3, 4 etc) - there seem to be 20 possible 'Go To Markers'

4 - Then you could randomly jump between Markers and the student look at the screen would have 'name that note'

5 - Or you could then scramble the Regions to make a new test...

6 - Make a Screen Flow video of the Regions changing and displaying different notes ..

Never tried it, but I believe it could be possible to devise something in the environment such as with meta events fader #49, which would switch screenset...

Interesting suggestion thanks! I never knew you could switch screensets with a fader - you couldnt hook that up to an actual key on piano keyboard could you?

Could you trigger " Go to Marker number .. " with Meta events? Per individual keyboard note as in when you play a different drum sound from each keyboard note?