Issue with the EXS24

3ple

When I go to the EXS24's preset panel (not the one on top, but the one inside the plugin itself), I noticed that a lot of the presets inside the GarageBand folder are not playing. Mostly drum kits and some FX. When I click EDIT, it shows me "Samples" where it should show the name of the samples themselves.

The thing is that, if I go to the Factory folder and find the same preset, then everything is there as it should.

Anyone experiencing this?

Do we really need the GarageBand folder? I never understood why Logic was always somehow connected to GarageBand with repeated presets...

Thanks!

When I go to the EXS24's preset panel (not the one on top, but the one inside the plugin itself), I noticed that a lot of the presets inside the GarageBand folder are not playing. Mostly drum kits and some FX. When I click EDIT, it shows me "Samples" where it should show the name of the samples themselves.
I wonder if it has something to do with this notice:

• Important: Audio files are not contained within a sampler instrument. The sampler instrument only stores information about audio filenames, parameter settings, and locations on the hard disk. If you delete or rename an audio file, any sampler instrument that uses this file will not be able to find it. You can move audio files to another location on your system, however, because EXS24 mkII automatically searches for files when you load a sampler instrument.

Which makes a distinction between an instrument and its corresponding preset.

Do we really need the GarageBand folder? I never understood why Logic was always somehow connected to GarageBand with repeated presets.

I would believe that is for portability purpose/sake for user migrating from Garageband to LPX...