Weird Problem: Logic Pro X suddenly stops recording without error message

AndyHannover

Hi,

I recently did a mobile recording sessions with only 3 audiotracks (and no playback tracks) on a freshly setup High Sierra system.

Sometimes Logic stopped recording unexpectedly with a short crackling sound and without prompting any error message.

After about one second I could continue recording...

"Show overload warning message" is enabled. (I only have the german version, so the english option is probably named slightly different)

As this was a clean system install, no other tools / software were running, WiFi and Bluetooth and even spotlight were disabled.

No 3rd party plugins were used.

There was enough free space on the SSD drive.

Any ideas what could be the reason?

Thanks.

Configuration:

System: High Sierra (10.13.3), 2,5 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M370X & Intel Iris Pro, 500 GB APPLE SSD SM0512G

Logic Pro X V. 10.4.1

Audio-Interfaces:

mobile: RME Fireface 400 & Totalmix (newest Firmware / Software version, connected via Thunderbolt->Firewire-adapter)

stationary: RME Fireface UFX & Totalmix (newest Firmware / Software version, connected via USB)

That's an "interesting" issue.

Do you have plenty of empty space available on your hard drive?

I'm not sure how often it happens so not sure how easy it would be for you to run some tests using the built-in audio mic rather than your RME interface...? That would allow you to determine wether or not this is related to the interface's drivers.

Another thing I would check is all your sync settings. Make sure the RME software is set to listen to its own internal clock etc...?