Track stack output to not use certain Aux

petejonesmusic

Hi All,

I'm trying to set logic up in a similar way to my pro tools mix template, wherein I have a Master Aux, and a Master Level Aux, which I can use to bring the level of the mix up and down, and affect how hard the plugins on my Master Aux channel are working, and use it to lift certain sections of the song in volume etc.

I'm running into a problem whereby if I assign all my tracks to a Mix Level Aux in logic, and then create a track stack out of them, logic assumes I want to use the Mix Level Aux as the input for the new track stack, and therefore creates lots of routing problems. I was wondering if there's any way to force logic to not use a certain aux, or to get it to ask what bus number to use when making a track stack?

Thank you!

Pete

I'm running into similar problems. It will happen to anybody with bussed templates, rather than simply everything routed to stereo outs. My workaround is to select the tracks that will be part of the new stack first, then, in the mixer window, manually assign a fresh bus, then create the track stack.

It's worth sending feedback regarding this issue to Apple - I have done so in the past, and will do again.