Smart Tempo Boggling Me

cbarran

Logic Cats, I have read and re-read the Smart Tempo Apple manual and I still don't understand how it works. I recorded an acoustic guitar track to the click as well as two simultaneous vocals through the whole song and I want to have them all line up perfectly tempo wise. Which settings do I use? Thx.

Logic Cats, I have read and re-read the Smart Tempo Apple manual and I still don't understand how it works. I recorded an acoustic guitar track to the click as well as two simultaneous vocals through the whole song and I want to have them all line up perfectly tempo wise. Which settings do I use? Thx.

You don't need Smart Tempo for that. Meaning that the project tempo mode should be set to KEEP.

1) You record your acoustic guitar to a click. Is the guitar in time? Yes = move on, No = use Flex and quantize so that the guitar is in time with the click.

2) You record two simultaneous vocals to the guitar and click. Are they in time with the guitar and click? Yes = you're done. No = use Flex and quantize so that the vocals are in tie with the guitar and click.

Thx David. I can't seem to use the Fade tool or the Flex time with the vocals or guitar. I've used them before and they aren't working now. Do they work on your comped vocal and guitar when you still have the takes there but the disclosure triangle is closed? I haven't flatten them. I just got an new iMac and moved 10.4.1 from TimeMachine. Have you heard of problems with Logic when you do it this way? I seem to be having all kinds of issues. Swipe comping was not keeping my swipes, I had to keep doing it twice for each to keep before moving on to the next edit. Again, I've done it before and not had this problem. Thx bro.