Problem setting differing delay times on separate audio tracks.

AndyS
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I'm trying to set differing delays to two audio tracks (track A to -1/192, track B to +1/192).

Which ever track I attempt manipulate, Logic assigns the same setting to both tracks.

I'm doing this via the Region panel in the Inspector.

In case it has any bearing on this:

i) It's a sound-track, so the files have a 48kHz sample rate.

ii) Additionally, there is no way to uncheck Q-Reference.

Cheers!

Hi Atlas.

No... Although perhaps we're getting close. I did have them temporarily assigned to a group whilst doing some gain automation. I then disabled all options within that group (unchecked all boxes), deactivated Groups, and unassigned the two tracks (No Group). However, as mentioned, I wasn't able to do was uncheck Q-Ref.

The two tracks were identical, although one was a bounced copy (rather than a dragged copy).

I also tried exporting the tracks, and re-importing them into a new audio only project. The same behaviour was observed.

Bizarre!

• Solution
Which ever track I attempt manipulate, Logic assigns the same setting to both tracks.

I'm doing this via the Region panel in the Inspector.

The Region inspector affects the selected region(s), not track(s). Make sure you select only one region and adjust the delay as desired. Look at the Region inspector's name to determine if you're affecting the desired region.

The Region inspector affects the selected region(s), not track(s). Make sure you select only one region and adjust the delay as desired. Look at the Region inspector's name to determine if you're affecting the desired region.

David: Many thanks , oh wise one!

I was so used to doing this on a 'track' basis in older versions (also in the Inspector Region area in pre-region editing versions of LPX, if memory serves). Next time I'll 'RTFM' instead of taking the trial & error approach. :roll:

3ple: Thanks fella, I tried the bip approach, but no joy. Yes, I've had a few glitchy problems with this latest update, and since updating to Sierra.

This time, as David mentioned, it's my bad. :oops:

General question: Does this mean that it is no longer possible to do this on a 'Track' basis, rather than it being a glitch in the software?

Track delay is a parameter for Software Instrument tracks but not Audio tracks.

Hi Eric,

I hadn't noticed that midi tracks have been given both track and region delay options, whilst audio has been limited to region only. I distinctly remember using -1/192 (L) +1/192 ® previously in track mode to give faux stereo to identical mono audio tracks (particularly for guitars). Seems strange that this would be taken away – even though it's no sweat to select multiple regions and do the same. Almost as if audio is being considered as secondary to midi. :roll:

Atlas: TFM (quote): "Delay value slider (software instrument tracks only)", as Eric has pointed out.

Incidentally, I have no Delay 'slider', but rather a 'drop down list' as in pervious versions. Is this someone at Apple with a conceptual problem, or am I sailing in a leaking ship?

Atlas: TFM (quote): "Delay value slider (software instrument tracks only)", as Eric has pointed out.
That was indeed written in the documentation the provided link was pointing to.

Please consider my use of that "TFM" acronym as the expression of my appreciation about the current documentation... :mrgreen:

Incidentally, I have no Delay 'slider', but rather a 'drop down list' as in pervious versions. Is this someone at Apple with a conceptual problem, or am I sailing in a leaking ship?
(Not being currently at the studio, as I am rarely when posting here), I think that you can kind of scroll through values by clicking and sliding up/down the mouse.

IOW, your former assumption is (at least) partly thrue, which understandingly, is inherent when comes to communicate something, as complex as Logic, between (at least) three very distinct perspectives (coder, writer, user).

AFAIK, every software is a leaking ship...

That was indeed written in the documentation the provided link was pointing to.

Please consider my use of that "TFM" acronym as the expression of my appreciation about the current documentation... :mrgreen:

Agreed! I'll stick to David's N's excellent manual ,-)