Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Constantly Freezing, Completely Unusable

piazzi

Dear Fellow Logic Users,

I have had a great experience with logic until I was using it and then suddenly it was constantly freezing nonstop (on a 2015 Macbook Pro) . Literally, out of nowhere, nothing had even triggered it. Now no matter what anything I have open in logic is freezing so much it's completely unusable. For example, if I scroll it loads for 2 minutes. Or, if I play the track it freezes nonstop. I have taken my program to a Mac repair shop, an apple store, I have called apple support & logic support, and I go to a music college Called MI, and nobody, including logic professionals can figure this out. I have literally gone to every length to fix this. I have no way off accusing anything I've ever done unless this can be fixed and I'm going to school for logic so I really need this. I have reinstalled logic, reinstalled my operating system, and done so many other things, and I can't fix it. Please help. I'll fail my school that me and my family put thousands into if this isn't fixed.

Thanks

Could you be more specific about your system specs. What OSX?, Etc...

How about your HD; what is the remaining free space in it? Are you using an external drive?

Does other apps works fine?

Are you running background apps simultaneously?

I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I have 349 gigs available.

I do have an external as well.

Everything on my computer works perfectly except for logic.

And I am just running logic.

669015320_ScreenShot2018-04-15at12_30_25PM.thumb.png.1c979b0b526b89d4b845a53971f27e47.png

• 8 months later...

Thanks for prompt response :)

When I first load a tune up it seems to work fine for a couple of minutes, but then everything grinds to a halt... I am using maybe ten tracks, a combination of audio and MIDI, a couple of heavy hitting plugins, such as the AAS modelling stuff and Positive Grid BIAS, but nothing I would have considered unusual in a project from a few months ago, or even some of the large orchestral type stuff of a couple of years back... It almost seems like a buffer is filling and not emptying or something...

Thanks for prompt response :)

When I first load a tune up it seems to work fine for a couple of minutes, but then everything grinds to a halt... I am using maybe ten tracks, a combination of audio and MIDI, a couple of heavy hitting plugins, such as the AAS modelling stuff and Positive Grid BIAS, but nothing I would have considered unusual in a project from a few months ago, or even some of the large orchestral type stuff of a couple of years back... It almost seems like a buffer is filling and not emptying or something...

Could be background tasks or memory not being flushed.

How many undo steps do you have in Logic's preferences?

100 is the default, which is a lot. I have mine at 10.