Audio Units to View in Logic Library

PKGuy323

It's been a few years since I've dug into Logic. Now I'm dusting off and getting back in at LPX 10.4.1.

This is going to sound like a newbie question as I'm hoping for an easy answer.

I like how all the built-in instruments (Jam Packs, etc) are displayed and searchable in the Library. Simple search by 'Piano' shows me ALL the different pianos.

I've added Garritan and Kontakt 5 to the mix and those sounds have to be added via the Inspector pane>AU Instruments>Garritan>Aria>Stereo before I ever get to pick the instruments. This is frustrating when I have to click multiple times in order to hear a few different sounds to pick the one I want.

So...

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to view all the instruments (Logic/Garritan/Kontakt, etc) in the same Library View instead of having separate places to find them?

2. Are there sounds available to install into Logic Pro that will appear in the Library view, thus able to be searched instead of a different viewer/player?

Thanks for you help in advance. More questions will be coming!

-Glenn

Dallas, TX

It's been a few years since I've dug into Logic. Now I'm dusting off and getting back in at LPX 10.4.1.
Welcome back home!

This is going to sound like a newbie question as I'm hoping for an easy answer.
You are at the right place...

I like how all the built-in instruments (Jam Packs, etc) are displayed and searchable in the Library. Simple search by 'Piano' shows me ALL the different pianos.
Many great enhancement awaits you!

I've added Garritan and Kontakt 5 to the mix and those sounds have to be added via the Inspector pane>AU Instruments>Garritan>Aria>Stereo before I ever get to pick the instruments. This is frustrating when I have to click multiple times in order to hear a few different sounds to pick the one I want.
Converting your 3rd party plugin preset should definitely help... There is a topic devoted to just that right here. Don't hesitate to search for what you need or post a request. Even better, you could contribute!

So...

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to view all the instruments (Logic/Garritan/Kontakt, etc) in the same Library View instead of having separate places to find them?

The Plugin Manager could be your solution

2. Are there sounds available to install into Logic Pro that will appear in the Library view, thus able to be searched instead of a different viewer/player?
Again:converted 3rd party plugin preset to AUPresets is the available solution... This forum's topic is your ticket. Don't hesitate to browse & search for what you need, or to post a request. Your contribution will definitely also be highly apreciated!

Thanks for you help in advance. More questions will be coming!

-Glenn

Dallas, TX

Again, you are at the right place!