Offline bounce makes no file, realtime bounce is low quality

northern
Go to solution Solved by northern,

One day I tried to bounce new mix of couple songs from my project. For some reason this time Logic started bouncing but then the blue bar stops and after while bouncing window disappears and no bounced file appears anywhere. Sometimes the bouncing bar get's further and sometimes it stops almost immediately. There is no error messages or anything it just stops and ends.

I managed to bounce in realtime, but this is lot slower way to do it (I wish Logic had ability to bounce different parts of the project like it's possible in reaper, would save lot of time and effort). Couple days ago I was bouncing different project and I noticed that it made weird artefacts and white noise to the bounced file. I thought it had something to do with updading Logic, but the problem didn't go away. Same problem in every project, offline bounce fails complete, realtime makes weird noisy file. I even tried new project with just one software instrument note and it failed too.

After couple weeks I have premiere of a theater play and I need to get the final mixes before that done. Luckily reaper works fine, so I can do all the sound effects with that.

I noticed that I was bouncing in 8-bit, that's why I got noisy files. Not sure how it has changed, maybe I tried that setting when trying to solve offline bounce problem.

So now my realtime bounces work again, but the problem with offline bounces has stayed. It was just one lucky time that it finished my short test clip, can't make it do that again. I tried built-in interface, but it didn't help.

Maybe if I login as "visitor" and try to bounce? Btw. when I was bouncing in 8-bit there was weird noise in the beginning of the song where there supposed to be nothing, so even I managed to get rid of the noise there is something strange still happening also in online bounces.

I tried with visitor and offline bounce worked. My vienna symphonic library for some reason didn’t work at different user. In realtime bounces there are sometimes problems with notes cutting off suddenly. I think this is because cpu and hd meters go to 100% in this project for some reason. I have freezed all tracks that i can.

Yea, sometimes some note might cut suddenly. I bounced couple tracks instead of freezed them and now the project works smoother. For a while ago my mac started to say "macintosh hd can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found". I removed old folder and made new one. I wonder has this anything to do with bouncing?

Now I got it. When I launched Logic it said that there are 40 Gb of new software instruments, even I had downloaded them all already. This however happened only once, next time there was no message and all instruments were working properly.

Offline bouncing is still not working. Progress bar appears, but after while stops and then bouncing ends and no file is created. Short clips might work, but longer ones always fails.

In the project I tested there are violin instruments and for some reason after failed bouncing next time I tried to play the track it had string instruments ringing from the beginning, even they came in the half way of the project. I guess they don't get the note off command.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

FINALLY got it working! I bought new audio interface (Roland octa capture) tested it and bouncing works again.

I had first problems of getting just individual tracks bounced, but I found from this forum that somebody else had the same problem and the answer was to take sync button off.

Edited by northern