Anyone using only a Magic Track Pad 2 for Logic?

kerochan

Absolutely! I only use a trackpad - although I only have trackpad 1. I have the mouse as well but it’s redundant. I’d much prefer the trackpad 2!

Thank you hozierschurch, I have the mouse in the keyboard tray, never seem to use it, the trackpad is amazing.

I have a Magic Track Pad 2, and a Magic Mouse 2, do you think its possible to use JUST the track pad for Logic? its less clutter on the desk and seems easier for the wrist.

Anyone using just the track pad?

There's loads of stuff you can do with a Forcetouch trackpad in Logic. I always put Logic in Full screen mode so with a 4-fingers swipe I can get to a new desktop where my Apollo Console is. Have you enabled the 3-fingers drag in System Prefs. A lot less wrist moving, you just need to get used to it but you'll never want to go back after.

No need for the pencil tool in the piano roll as forcetouch with the cursor creates a note. Auto creates nodes in automation view, loads of stuff....

Blink

I have a Magic Track Pad 2, and a Magic Mouse 2, do you think its possible to use JUST the track pad for Logic? its less clutter on the desk and seems easier for the wrist.

Anyone using just the track pad?

There's loads of stuff you can do with a Forcetouch trackpad in Logic. I always put Logic in Full screen mode so with a 4-fingers swipe I can get to a new desktop where my Apollo Console is. Have you enabled the 3-fingers drag in System Prefs. A lot less wrist moving, you just need to get used to it but you'll never want to go back after.

No need for the pencil tool in the piano roll as forcetouch with the cursor creates a note. Auto creates nodes in automation view, loads of stuff....

Blink

Just experimenting now Blink, it is quite amazing!