Various insert time/copy section methods strange behavior

mylescdavis
Go to solution Solved by mylescdavis,

I've been searching away for a solution to this. My fear is that my session is corrupted.

I've been trying to lengthen the intro to a tune: I've tried to insert some time at the top of a tune so I can by manually dragging elements over, I've tried repeating the section, or by inserting silence and pasting the copied section. All this is with locators on the locator bar, all regions selected, all tracks selected.

My problem is that all of the methods I try only seem to work (i.e. the regions in the tracks play back x bars later) on the tracks which have regions in the section. However, the weird thing is that all sections move visually, but the problem tracks play back is as if they haven't moved, in what would be their original position.

Does this sound like a session file gone bad, or am I missing something really simple?

Thanks,

Myles

• Solution

Ha! Found the problem - operator error as usual. Still had Melodyne enabled on the two tracks that were out of whack, so while the regions moved, Melodyne was still playing back relative to the original timing.

I had started importing tracks into a new session when I thought of it.

Many thanks for your patience.

Myles