Accidentally moving markers all the time

hecksome
Go to solution Solved by Christof,

Hi,

General operational question here. I frequently jump to different markers in a project, and then will move a region around using option and the arrow keys while the marker is selected. I'm trying to break the habit, but I'm always accidentally moving the markers along with the region (since they're selected once I jump to them). Anybody have a workflow tip they care to share, or is there some way to lock the markers even when they're selected?

• 3 weeks later...
I just found an accidental workaround... If you don't have markers selected in the global ruler, they don't become selected when you navigate to them, but you can still see them. I think I prefer this method, because you don't have to go through the step of smpte locking them, plus if you change your minutes and seconds, they stay in their relative position, which suits my workflow better.

The issue I was having was that when I use the number pad to navigate to different markers, I would often accidentally move the marker if I moved a region (by using option and an arrow key for example).

Now that I'm leaving markers hidden in the global tracks, the markers are staying put like I want, and I don't have to do a smpte lock. Success!