Duet / External Instrument (audio loop ?!)

zorro

Dears all,

my situation : Apogee Duet (Maestro) and Analog Synth to record.

Duet -> set up analog input and created External Instrument in Logic : if I assign Input ( from Ext Inst ) I got audio loop ( kinda flanging ).

If Ext Inst -> Input not assigned all is fine or Mute Input in Maestro ( Duet ).

Sure I'm wrong. Can, please, someone help to clarify ?

Many thanks in advance.

-Z

If Jordi's suggestion doesn't work, then it maybe that you actually have a MIDI loop.

Are you using the analog synth as your MIDI input to the external instrument? If so you might be hearing the initial 'analog' sound as well as the MIDI note being received back from Logic at the same time. To solve this, you will need to turn 'Local' off on your analog synth.

Hi Jordi,

thank you. So I've got fine way by setting Ext Inst Input to none or muting Input in Maestro Apogee software.

Is this reliable ? Logic Software monitoring is disabled.

-Z

Not sure what "reliable" means in this context?

As it happens, Apogee have a nice entry in their knowledge base about monitoring in case it helps clear it up for you:

http://www.apogeedigital.com/knowledgebase/all/input-monitoring-the-apogee-way/

Garfy's advice about setting Local control to off in your synths is also the way to go when using them with a DAW.

J.

If Jordi's suggestion doesn't work, then it maybe that you actually have a MIDI loop.

Are you using the analog synth as your MIDI input to the external instrument? If so you might be hearing the initial 'analog' sound as well as the MIDI note being received back from Logic at the same time. To solve this, you will need to turn 'Local' off on your analog synth.

Thank you, is not midi loop, local off already set off.