Need new MBP and 2 displays Immediately

dchaiku

Hello all. My 2012 MBP is giving up (translation: I can't work until it's replaced!), and without boring you all with the details, my current ASUS displays will not handle Sierra (I'm working in El Capitan because of it). Since I need a new MBP, I might as well step up into Sierra and get new displays. I'll bite the bullet and get the 2.9GHz Processor 512GB Storage Touch Bar and Touch ID MBP. What display monitors do you all suggest? My vision is not great so they need to be good. But two $1300 each 5K displays on the Apple site are out of my budget. I don't need the BEST but I do want very good. My current ASUS displays are 24". They were only $189 each and served me well these past few years. But alas, time to upgrade and I don't mind stepping it up a BIT. Thanks for any input!

Hello all. My 2012 MBP is giving up (translation: I can't work until it's replaced!), and without boring you all with the details, my current ASUS displays will not handle Sierra (I'm working in El Capitan because of it). Since I need a new MBP, I might as well step up into Sierra and get new displays. I'll bite the bullet and get the 2.9GHz Processor 512GB Storage Touch Bar and Touch ID MBP. What display monitors do you all suggest? My vision is not great so they need to be good. But two $1300 each 5K displays on the Apple site are out of my budget. I don't need the BEST but I do want very good. My current ASUS displays are 24". They were only $189 each and served me well these past few years. But alas, time to upgrade and I don't mind stepping it up a BIT. Thanks for any input!

Apple Thunderbolt 27 display, amazing, you can daisy chain them too, and will power your macbook if you wish, and they have USB, Ethernet, Thunderbolt ports, I cant think of any better than this display, though they are discontinued, you would need to find a used one.

So triplets - I was about to pull the trigger on two LG Electronics 4K UHD 27UD88's that you suggested (they rate quite well around the net). With my setup, I've got my displays bolted in to a two-arm system that is clamped to my desk. Each display has 4 screws on the back that can mount onto each arm. I called LG and they said their monitors won't work that way - they have to be mounted using the stands they come with. I don't want that, as they could easily be knocked over. Is it common to not be able to use a separate mount for these monitors? Seems rather odd to me.

Yes, precisely. I have a VIVO VESA dual mount. Still having difficulty finding USB C equipped monitors that accept the mount. Found one - the LG Ultrafine 4K display, which says "Use the adjustable stand to create a personalized environment for work or play. Or disconnect the stand and mount the display on your preferred VESA arm using the provided VESA cover." But at $700 each...I'll keep searching!

Update: New MBP plays quite nicely with my ASUS displays, so I see no need to get new ones at this time. This was a huge relief (to my wallet). I was having major issues with Sierra and my two display setup on my old MBP, which was why I had to remain on El Cap. Thankfully, the new MBP is on High Sierra and the displays are happy...as am I. Thanks again for all the input on this!