MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Internal SSD 1TB

Logic Pro X

version 10.4.1

Kontakt 5

version 5.8.0

I have multiple instances of Kontakt running in Logic, but the only time I get a significant cpu spike (causing my computer and all other applications massive glitching) is when I try to assign controller assignments either inside the plugin itself or outside using the expert view controller assignments page in Logic. Is this cpu spike for one Kontakt controller assignment common and if not, is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Thanks for your time.

p.s. I have increased the buffer size which helps a little, but not enough by any means to function properly.

I've got nothing. My only theory is the modern scripting in the library combined with the layering of CC assignments is just too much for the machine to handle in real time. Does it happen with other libraries?

Have you tried experimenting with the multithreading settings in Kontakt? The documentation says it should be turned off when being hosted in a DAW, but sometimes that's not always the best solution.