Learning how to use busses

jfgtr
Go to solution Solved by paulcristo,

Hi all. Just getting started with Logic Pro and running into CPU issues that are putting a bit of a rain cloud over my audio adventures. I'm running 4 guitar tracks using the same patch. Boutique tweed. It has a noise gate, pedalboard utilizing a few different pedals, an amp, channel eq and a compressor. Can I put all those plugins onto 1 bus and then send the tracks through the bus to achieve "Boutique Tweed" sound? This would remove quite a few plugins overall. If someone could walk me through this it would be very much appreciated.

I have tried to do this a number of times but a/b ing between the authentic patch and my bus its not quite right. The biggest problem with my bus attempts is I can hear the now dry signal mixed with the effects on the bus. Be glad to add any other info.

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks Paulcristo. You're on the money. However, because I'm still wet behind the ears with engineering I didnt know exactly how to do that or even find to setup the output of the tracks to the FX bus. For anyone out there like myself its under the stereo tab in the channel strip. For more fun you can't just click it. You have to hold and click it. Then choose bus and you won't get any of the dry signal. (I'm sure theres a term for that.) If you plan on using multiple tracks with the same patch logic will set it up for you. Just set the output to bus when you create the new tracks.

For anyone out there like myself its under the stereo tab in the channel strip.

It's actually called the Output slot, and that's where you choose the main output destination for the audio signal coming out of the channel strip. It's labeled in the Mixer:

output-slot.png.1026e6999080f51d268e2a7cf89b1bcb.png

Then choose bus and you won't get any of the dry signal. (I'm sure theres a term for that.)

It's called serial processing.