How to change MIDI channel?

babichfx

I was dealing something like this the other day, trying to change the channels in real time using a transformer. As far as I can tell it doesn't work for more than a few notes and then just does what it wants to. The solution I found is to use a Midi Transform after the fact and assign it to a keyboard command. Select the region, hit the key command and presto, the channel is changed. It is important to understand that Midi Transform is a different thing than a Transformer.

As far as the channel being set to 4, that is what your keyboard is transmitting. There is almost certainly a setting for that.

If someone HAS figured out a way to do it real time I am super happy to be wrong about it, please prove me wrong.

If someone HAS figured out a way to do it real time I am super happy to be wrong about it, please prove me wrong.

Here is the thread on another forum I saw before:

https://logic-users-group.com/threads/environment-changing-midi-channel-dynamically.9911/#post-49707

As far as the channel being set to 4, that is what your keyboard is transmitting. There is almost certainly a setting for that.

Looks like I changed something and didn't notice that.

can you put a monitor object before the transformer so we can see what is going into the transformer and what is coming out. Your keyboard is likely sending on multiple channels - but let's confirm that. Clear both monitor objects - press and release only one key on your controller... screenshot what appears in the two monitors.....

So, also I want ask, is the MIDI channel the Logic option, or is it some global (system) property of keyboard? Can I change back the default channel from 4 to 1?

Also I noticed, that the info window between Bluetooth and USB connection is different. Looks strange for me:

EJkxX9Y.jpg

and

mNb7RwJ.jpg

Is it ok?

Here is the thread on another forum I saw before:

https://logic-users-group.com/threads/environment-changing-midi-channel-dynamically.9911/#post-49707

Looks like I changed something and didn't notice that.

cool, thanks for the link, I'll try this when I get in front of the gear. Being able to do it going IN is a better solution for how I intend to use this.

Thank's guys for your answers!

Your keyboard is set to channel 4.

You can change it to the channel you like using the LPK 25 Editor.

Thank you, it was helpful. I made a few programs with the different channels!

So, I have something new!

I tried to change the velocity with transformer and it's not worked for me.

And now I now why, I used the MIDI In btn. But with the REC mode all works fine!

Screen%20Shot%202018-05-13%20at%2009.02.05.png

But with the REC mode all works fine!

Screen%20Shot%202018-05-13%20at%2009.06.43.png?dl=0

Does MIDI In work without the Environment setup? Is it some different modes of input keys? Maybe with MIDI In mode logic get the MIDI signal directly? Or using some another settings?